Community celebrates its refurbished centre
Youth groups turn out in force for Millwey fun day
AROUND 150 people got in the party mood at an open day to celebrate the refurbished community centre at Millwey Rise, in Axminster.
Amongst the groups represented were Monday Monkeys, local Brownies, the Karisma Majorettes, Tai Chi instructors, St John’s Ambulance and several members of the community who ran stalls.
There was also a bouncy castle and circus skills workshop to keep the youngsters entertained.
Amongst civic leaders who attended were district council chairman Peter Halse and Cabinet member Jill Elsom as well as local councillors Douglas Hull and John Jeffery.
You may also want to watch:
Victoria Robinson, district council community development worker (youth) said it had been a great day, the hall looked really good and the groups taking part had raised some useful cash.
She said: “We are really pleased with the event and hope to build on its success with another at the end of July. It’s great to see the community coming together to celebrate its achievements.”
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon