Community celebrates its refurbished centre
Youth groups turn out in force for Millwey fun day
AROUND 150 people got in the party mood at an open day to celebrate the refurbished community centre at Millwey Rise, in Axminster.
Amongst the groups represented were Monday Monkeys, local Brownies, the Karisma Majorettes, Tai Chi instructors, St John’s Ambulance and several members of the community who ran stalls.
There was also a bouncy castle and circus skills workshop to keep the youngsters entertained.
Amongst civic leaders who attended were district council chairman Peter Halse and Cabinet member Jill Elsom as well as local councillors Douglas Hull and John Jeffery.
You may also want to watch:
Victoria Robinson, district council community development worker (youth) said it had been a great day, the hall looked really good and the groups taking part had raised some useful cash.
She said: “We are really pleased with the event and hope to build on its success with another at the end of July. It’s great to see the community coming together to celebrate its achievements.”
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 4 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 5 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 6 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 7 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
- 8 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 9 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 10 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track