Community centre business plan 'sloppy'
HONITON Town Council s business plan for the proposed community centre project is a sloppy document . That is the opinion of Bhutan Close resident Syd Taylor.
HONITON Town Council's business plan for the proposed community centre project is "a sloppy document".
That is the opinion of Bhutan Close resident Syd Taylor.
He told the annual meeting of electors, held on Monday night: "It wouldn't last two minutes in a bank manager's office."
Councillor Vernon Whitlock, chairman of the council's policy committee, said: "I completely disagree with you. It has been cleared by East Devon District Council and accountants.
You may also want to watch:
"I would not want to launch into a project unless I was sure about the robustness of the business plan."
Mr Taylor is to meet with Councillor Whitlock to discuss the business plan in greater detail.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 3 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 4 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 5 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 6 School old boy went above and beyond call of duty to honour ware heroes
- 7 Have your say on future development of village
- 8 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer