Community centre business plan 'sloppy'
HONITON Town Council s business plan for the proposed community centre project is a sloppy document . That is the opinion of Bhutan Close resident Syd Taylor.
HONITON Town Council's business plan for the proposed community centre project is "a sloppy document".
That is the opinion of Bhutan Close resident Syd Taylor.
He told the annual meeting of electors, held on Monday night: "It wouldn't last two minutes in a bank manager's office."
Councillor Vernon Whitlock, chairman of the council's policy committee, said: "I completely disagree with you. It has been cleared by East Devon District Council and accountants.
You may also want to watch:
"I would not want to launch into a project unless I was sure about the robustness of the business plan."
Mr Taylor is to meet with Councillor Whitlock to discuss the business plan in greater detail.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 4 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 7 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 8 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 9 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 10 Rail users can enjoy 'moor' views as Dartmoor Line reopens after 50 years