Community centre land - decision deferred
No decision until discussions with Honiton Town Council have taken place.
EAST Devon District Council’s powerful executive board has decided not to make a final recommendation over land for the proposed Honiton Community Centre complex until talks with the town council have taken place.
Those talks are scheduled for later this month.
The �1.95 million project was thrown into doubt when the executive board decided at a previous meeting to withdraw an offer of land for the building - the long stay car park behind Lace Walk.
That decision was called in by Councillor Marion Olive, who is chairman of Honiton Community Centre Association.
You may also want to watch:
When the matter was debated by East Devon District Council’s overview and scrutiny committee last month, the executive board was urged to reconsider and to resume a partnership with the town council.
Full story in next week’s Midweek Herald.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 4 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 5 Lions help enthusiastic work skills group
- 6 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 7 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 8 Your chance to be crowned top artist
- 9 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 10 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed