Community champions honoured
Healthy eating campaigner and youth worker recognised in Axminster Rotary Club’s annual awards
The Rotary Club of Axminster has honoured two local residents for their contributions to the community.
Tiggy Parry received The Bill Knapman Award in recognition of her work for the locally-based charity Health and Local Food for Families (HALFF), which she founded nearly six years ago.
She was described as a tireless organiser and giver of her personal time towards teaching young people, as well as adults, the importance of eating a healthy, balanced, diet and the long-term health benefits that can be gained.
Anne Crabbe received the Les Knight award for services to youth.
You may also want to watch:
For some 20 years she has been involved in the running of a local Duke of Edinburgh Award Group that has involved supervising expeditions, evening training and planning meetings.
The two annual awards were presented to the worthy winners by district governors Graham Smith last week.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal
- 9 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
- 10 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents