Community cinema set to launch in Honiton
Film lovers to get the silver screen treatment at Honiton community cinema’s first screening.
HONITON is set for some silver screen action as the town’s community cinema launches later this month.
The community cinema will serve up its first cinematic offering, Life in a Day, on Friday, September 23, in the Mackarness Hall.
The film by Ridley Scott and Kevin MacDonald, follows a day in lives of people all around the world and gives a snapshot of human life around the globe.
It also won the best documentary prize at the Sundance Film Festival in 2010.
The chairman of the cinema group, Marianne Harman, said: “We want people to have a great night out and mix with other cinema goers to talk about the film,”
There will also be a chance to take part in a raffle and be in with the chance of winning �50 shopping voucher and lunchtime voucher for two from The Holt.
- 1 Gittsham motorist 'so drunk he had to be carried out of car'
- 2 Towns join forces to promote green tourism
- 3 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 4 Axminster vehicle extravaganza hailed 'great day out'
- 5 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 6 Woman seriously injured after motorway bridge fall
- 7 Simon Jupp calls for Prime Minister's resignation
- 8 Stark warning on spending from Devon finance chief
- 9 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 10 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
Tickets cost �3 and are available at Honiton Toy Shop and the Tourist Information Centre from September 12.
Alternatively tickets are available from the cinema group, who will be at Honiton’s Saturday market on September 10 and 17.
For more information visit www.honitoncommunitycinema.co.uk