Community Tag rugby tournament, Seaton
SEATON Neighbourhood Beat team held a Community TAG Rugby Tournament for youths.
The event was held at Seaton Primary School, with three teams of 13 to17 year-olds and local officers.
The games ended with a sausage and chip supper for all who took part, provided by Four Cs Fish and Chips.
Mayor Bob Palacio who came along to support the event, said: “This was a really fun evening and a great effort by the Neighbourhood Beat Team. It was also good to see the German students from Realschule School in Weil der Stadt, Germany taking part – students from there have been visiting Seaton for the past 34 years and I bet they never thought they would end up playing the local Police in a game of TAG Rugby.”
Sergeant Richard Stonecliffe said similar events would be organised in future if there was enough interest.
You may also want to watch:
If any teams of youngsters are interested in being involved in any future TAG tournament, please contact PCSO Chris Bolsover at Seaton Police Station.
- 1 New independent store opens in town's high street
- 2 An unacceptable imposition on hard-working councillors
- 3 Exeter Science Park builds back greener with space for 100 new jobs
- 4 Pennies from heaven! Crowds prove it's still the hottest ticket in town
- 5 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 6 Come and join us at village fayre, say organisers
- 7 Community unites to back historic market town charter celebration
- 8 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 9 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 10 Flower show is back after two-year break