Community Tag rugby tournament, Seaton
SEATON Neighbourhood Beat team held a Community TAG Rugby Tournament for youths.
The event was held at Seaton Primary School, with three teams of 13 to17 year-olds and local officers.
The games ended with a sausage and chip supper for all who took part, provided by Four Cs Fish and Chips.
Mayor Bob Palacio who came along to support the event, said: “This was a really fun evening and a great effort by the Neighbourhood Beat Team. It was also good to see the German students from Realschule School in Weil der Stadt, Germany taking part – students from there have been visiting Seaton for the past 34 years and I bet they never thought they would end up playing the local Police in a game of TAG Rugby.”
Sergeant Richard Stonecliffe said similar events would be organised in future if there was enough interest.
You may also want to watch:
If any teams of youngsters are interested in being involved in any future TAG tournament, please contact PCSO Chris Bolsover at Seaton Police Station.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Football in support of mental health
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre