Company’s £40,000 birthday gift
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Mole Avon’s Axminster branch hand over a giant cheque to Hospiscare representatives
Mole Avon is celebrating a special birthday by giving a big present to a very worth cause.
The firm, which has branches in Axminster, Okehampton and Crediton, has set out to raise £40,000 for the Hospiscare charity to mark the 40th anniversary since it became a limited company.
Staff have been busy collecting cash through a wide variety of means, including cake sales, duck racing, bingo sessions and a number of sponsored events.
Last week the first instalment of the money – a cheque for £22,087 - was handed to Hospiscare representative John Arnold by the organiser of the Axminster branch’s charity committee, Bridget Hornabrook and her colleagues. She said fundraising would continue until the £40,000 target was reached.
You may also want to watch:
* Mole Avon sells a diverse range of goods and whilst agricultural products for farmers and smallholders has remained at its core, equestrian, gardening, household, hardware, tools, clothing, footwear, pet and wild bird items are amongst the great range which are now available.
Hospiscare is Devon based charity providing an all-encompassing service for people with a terminal diagnosis. All its services are provided free of charge with the support of the local community.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 3 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 6 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding