Pobby & Blue will collect clothes for refugees at fashion show at Honiton warehouse
- Credit: Contributed
Pobby & Blue asks people coming to its show and warehouse sale to bring unwanted items for Refugee Aid From Taunton
A charity fashion show with a difference is being hosted by Pobby & Blue at its next warehouse sale in Honiton on Saturday, 29 September.
People coming to see the new Autumn/Winter stock are being encouraged to bring bagfuls of unwanted clothes, which will be donated to Refugee Aid From Taunton.
It is part of a drive by the company, which has a wholesale outlet in Honiton and a shop in Sidmouth, to trade as ethically as possible and campaign for sustainable, environment-friendly practices. Pobby & Blue has gone vegan as a business, no longer re-stocking anything made from animals, and campaigning against the testing of fabric dyes on living creatures.
Owner Shelley Beech is using profits from the business to fund her personal conservation project in mid-Devon, which she plans to turn into an outdoor education centre and sanctuary for people with autism.
You may also want to watch:
The fashion show/sale takes place at Pobby & Blue’s warehouse behind the Beehive Centre in Dowell Street, and doors open at 10.30am.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 7 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 10 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond