Complaints over noise during classic car show, Smeatharpe
Police inundated with calls from 6.30am
POLICE dealt with several people during the Classic Car Show in Smeathorpe on Sunday (July 25).
Officers said they were inundated with calls of complaints over noise from 6.30am.
Several people were stopped during the day-long event, with two people due to appear in court for unlawful modifications to their cars.
Another two people were given police warnings under Section 59 for anti-social driving.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “We had a lot of calls from the community over the noise and general disruption from drivers travelling to the site, who had come from all across the country.”
- 1 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 2 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 3 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 4 Children get a taste of life in a forest school - and enjoy the benefits
- 5 Ian Chubb retains Whimple and Blackdown seat
- 6 Colyton submits its Neighbourhood Plan to district planners
- 7 Ian Hall retains Devon County Council seat
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 Wiscombe Park hosts a fabulous return to motorsport
- 10 We're wild about open spaces but beware, others are not