Complete Meats is Overall Champion at prestigious event
Traditional pork sausage seals the deal.
AXMINSTER-based Complete Meats picked up host of awards for its products at a prestigious event and went on to be crowned the Overall Champion for the South West.
A total of 24 butchers from the region entered the British Pork Executive Regional Roadshow, with a total of 128 products.
Complete Meats, which has outlets in Axminster and Honiton, was awarded the Overall Champion title on the night, plus a special Champion of Champions award for their speciality pork sausage, the new Ploughman’s Sausage .
The company also took home eight gold awards and two category champion titles, but it was the firm’s traditional pork sausag’ that sealed the deal with the judges and won Complete Meats the Overall Champion title for the region.
You may also want to watch:
Owner Shaun Vining said: “We always spend time making sure our products are as good as they can be for the evaluations. We don’t change the recipes for the products we submit – everything that goes for evaluation is exactly the same as we sell in our shop.
“Previously we just missed first place in the category – it must be the toughest category of them all – but this time we did it, and we are thrilled!”
- 1 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 2 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 3 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 4 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 5 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 6 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 7 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 8 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon