Concern for ‘distressed’ West Dorset woman
- Credit: Archant
Police want to trace the driver of a bright blue car
Police are appealing for the public’s help following a concern for welfare of a woman found in a state of distress near Marshwood.
Officers were called at 6.43pm yesterday, (Wednesday, May 11) by a member of the public who reported a concern a woman parked in a car near the Shave Cross Inn, Shave Cross. It was reported that the woman was very distressed.
The Good Samaritan stopped to help the woman. He spoke to the woman’s partner on her mobile phone and gave details of their location. The partner arrived a short time later.
The woman then drove away. The Good Samaritan went to seek help and when he returned he discovered the partner had also left.
You may also want to watch:
The woman is described as being aged between 40 and 50 years old, of average build and with brown hair. She was driving a bright blue car, possibly a Fiat or Fiesta. She had a Siamese cat in the car.
A search of the area was carried out by officers but nothing was found.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
Chief Inspector Steve White, of Dorset Police, said: “This was an unusual incident and we are keen to trace the woman and man involved to check that she is ok.
“I would urge them to please call Dorset Police so we can finalise our enquiry and carry out the necessary welfare checks.
“I am also keen to hear from anyone who sees a car matching the description given in unusual circumstances in the area, or who may know of a woman described by the member of public.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Dorset Police on 101 quoting incident number 11:357.