Concerned about reduced mowing
I write to express concern regarding any proposed reduction in grass cutting in the Weatherill Road and Lower Brand Lane areas. I reside in Avenue Mezidon Canon and my house backs onto Lower Brand Lane, and I have occasion to pass down this lane at least
I write to express concern regarding any proposed reduction in grass cutting in the Weatherill Road and Lower Brand Lane areas.
I reside in Avenue Mezidon Canon and my house backs onto Lower Brand Lane, and I have occasion to pass down this lane at least twice a day.
Up to now, Devon County Council has mowed the grass with a reasonable frequency and on a couple of occasions have responded promptly to a telephone request when the cutting has been overlooked.
The area in Lower Brand Lane links in with the grass area in Church Hill and would quickly become unsightly if cutting was reduced. The other real issue is that, even with the current frequency, the grass cuttings are spread over the road gutter and footpath. This would only become worse if the mowing activity was reduced. There would also be an impact on visitor impression of the town - mowed grass areas give a sense of a neatness rather than untidy or scruffy.
You may also want to watch:
I can perhaps understand a reduction in cutting activity on the steep banks, which run alongside the roads in question, but would ask that frequency of mowing on the flat areas should not be reduced.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
Avenue Mezidon Canon