Concerned about reduced mowing
I write to express concern regarding any proposed reduction in grass cutting in the Weatherill Road and Lower Brand Lane areas. I reside in Avenue Mezidon Canon and my house backs onto Lower Brand Lane, and I have occasion to pass down this lane at least
I write to express concern regarding any proposed reduction in grass cutting in the Weatherill Road and Lower Brand Lane areas.
I reside in Avenue Mezidon Canon and my house backs onto Lower Brand Lane, and I have occasion to pass down this lane at least twice a day.
Up to now, Devon County Council has mowed the grass with a reasonable frequency and on a couple of occasions have responded promptly to a telephone request when the cutting has been overlooked.
The area in Lower Brand Lane links in with the grass area in Church Hill and would quickly become unsightly if cutting was reduced. The other real issue is that, even with the current frequency, the grass cuttings are spread over the road gutter and footpath. This would only become worse if the mowing activity was reduced. There would also be an impact on visitor impression of the town - mowed grass areas give a sense of a neatness rather than untidy or scruffy.
You may also want to watch:
I can perhaps understand a reduction in cutting activity on the steep banks, which run alongside the roads in question, but would ask that frequency of mowing on the flat areas should not be reduced.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 School old boy went above and beyond call of duty to honour ware heroes
- 3 Hourly weekday services resume on East Devon rail link
- 4 Have your say on future development of village
- 5 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 6 Mark thanks Scouts for helping in the battle to beat polio
- 7 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 8 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 9 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 10 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
Avenue Mezidon Canon