Connie to cut jubilee cake
89-year-old to do the honours in Seaton.
Celebrate with Seaton Christian Aid Group at their jubilee cream tea.
The event is taking place on the lawn at Seaton Methodist Church (inside if wet), in Scalwell Lane, from 3pm to 4.30pm on Saturday, June 23.
Scones, cream, strawberry jam and real strawberries will be served with a cuppa for the price of �3.60.
An addition this year is a handcrafted Diamond jubilee cake made by two kind and gifted Methodist ladies - Joy Mason and Moira Kirkham.
Slices of the rich fruit cake will be sold for 80p each.
Candles on the cake will be lit at 3.30pm by long-time Christian Aid supporter Connie Wellington, who is 89.
- 1 A-Level results 2022: Honiton students achieve 'amazing' higher average point score
- 2 Full steam ahead for Honiton Hill Rally on bank holiday weekend
- 3 Passenger banned from sitting next to girls on the bus
- 4 Exeter College achieve 'amazing results' as students discover their higher education grades
- 5 Kings School pride in ‘resilient’ pupils collecting A-Level results
- 6 Artist gets work displayed at Seaton Medical Practice
- 7 New artist drawing his way around Seaton
- 8 Organisers aren't 'sheepish' about this upcoming Axe Valley event
- 9 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 10 Tourist blamed satnav for sending him wrong way up A303 dual carriageway
Janet Lang, of the group, said: “Wear red, white and blue - if you dare - but you will be welcome however you dress.”