Connie to cut jubilee cake
89-year-old to do the honours in Seaton.
Celebrate with Seaton Christian Aid Group at their jubilee cream tea.
The event is taking place on the lawn at Seaton Methodist Church (inside if wet), in Scalwell Lane, from 3pm to 4.30pm on Saturday, June 23.
Scones, cream, strawberry jam and real strawberries will be served with a cuppa for the price of �3.60.
An addition this year is a handcrafted Diamond jubilee cake made by two kind and gifted Methodist ladies - Joy Mason and Moira Kirkham.
You may also want to watch:
Slices of the rich fruit cake will be sold for 80p each.
Candles on the cake will be lit at 3.30pm by long-time Christian Aid supporter Connie Wellington, who is 89.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 4 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 5 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 6 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 7 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 8 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 9 Champions of art and culture help connect communities
Janet Lang, of the group, said: “Wear red, white and blue - if you dare - but you will be welcome however you dress.”