Consultation on minerals plan
‘Preferred site’ identified near Ottery St Mary.
A farm near Ottery St Mary has been identified as a ‘preferred site’ for Devon County Council’s new mineral plan.
A public consultation has been launched for the plan which aims to maintain a steady supply of construction materials over the next 20-years to support Devon’s growth.
Two sites have been identified for public consultation including Straitgate Farm near Ottery St Mary and Penslade, north of Uffculme.
Exhibitions are being held on Tuesday, March 27, at West Hill village hall, from 4.30pm to 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
The consultation runs until 30 April 2012, and can be viewed online at www.devon.gov.uk/mineralsites
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 9 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism