Coronavirus testing centre opens in Honiton
- Credit: Archant
A temporary Covid-19 testing facility opens in Honiton on Monday, June 8.
It will be located in the car park at Lace Walk, and will open at 10am.
Anyone showing symptoms of Covid-19 is eligible for a test, but must register in advance via the Government’s online portal.
This is to speed up the process and reduce queuing time.
Anyone who is unable to register online may still be able to have the test after filling in a registration form at the site.
You may also want to watch:
The centre is being set up under the Government’s Test and Trace operation, and will be run by Ministry of Defence personnel.
The symptoms of Covid-19 include a high temperature, a new, continuous cough and a loss or change to the sense of smell or taste.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
Tests should be carried out within five days of starting to experience symptoms.
For further information, and to book a test, visit the NHS website.