East Devon gardening clubs cancel events
- Credit: Archant
Gardening clubs in East Devon have been forced to shelve planned events because of the coronavirus lockdown.
Colyton and District Garden Society has cancelled all talks and events until at least August.
Spokeswoman Judy Walton said the decision had been taken because of the Government’s coronavirus restrictions and concern for their members.
She said: “This means that there will be no annual plant sale at the end of May and no annual outing in July.”
For further information people should contact Sue Price on 01297 552362.
You may also want to watch:
Uplyme and Lyme Regis Horticultural Society has also announced that its current schedule of outings and talks is on hold.
The plant sale on May 16 is cancelled as is the summer show on July 11.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Football in support of mental health
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
The lavender theme and 2020 schedule of classes will be used in 2021. Visit: www.https://ulrhs.wordpress.com/news/ to see a list of local nurseries who will deliver plants.