Cottage collapses into road
Nobody hurt as part of cob building falls down.
EMERGENCY services were sent to an East Devon village earlier today (Wednesday) after part of a cottage collapsed into the road.
The cob building, in Bridge View, Rockbeare, crumbled shortly before 7am.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service sent one appliance, from Middlemoor, to the scene.
A spokesman said: “Upon arrival, the crews discovered that the house had semi collapsed and that all persons were already free of the property.
You may also want to watch:
“Crews isolated power to the cottage and assisted the homeowner whilst awaiting arrival of further agencies.”
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Community unites to back historic market town charter celebration
- 3 New independent store opens in town's high street
- 4 Come and join us at village fayre, say organisers
- 5 Pennies from heaven! Crowds prove it's still the hottest ticket in town
- 6 Amazing ultra challenges for Axe Valley Runners
- 7 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 8 Flower show is back after two-year break
- 9 Fantastic return for the Seaton Parkrun
- 10 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink