Cottage collapses into road
Nobody hurt as part of cob building falls down.
EMERGENCY services were sent to an East Devon village earlier today (Wednesday) after part of a cottage collapsed into the road.
The cob building, in Bridge View, Rockbeare, crumbled shortly before 7am.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service sent one appliance, from Middlemoor, to the scene.
A spokesman said: “Upon arrival, the crews discovered that the house had semi collapsed and that all persons were already free of the property.
You may also want to watch:
“Crews isolated power to the cottage and assisted the homeowner whilst awaiting arrival of further agencies.”
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 3 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 4 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 5 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 6 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 7 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 8 Mr Music's motor is no van ordinaire
- 9 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support