Could Honiton be throwing a Pride celebration in April 2019? Deputy mayor is keeping his lips sealed!
- Credit: Archant
Honiton’s deputy mayor has hinted that there could be an event to celebrate pride and diversity held in the town next year.
Councillor Duncan Sheridan-Shaw, who is a self-termed proud LGTBQ, said ‘nothing concrete’ has been decided, but discussions have been held behind the scenes with interested parties.
The revelation comes less than three months since Cllr Sheridan-Shaw threw his weight behind the idea of holding such an event in Honiton.
Speaking at the time, he said: “We need to understand what all aspects of our community wants.
“It’s about Honiton becoming up-to-date and inclusive - pushing the boundaries. It’s a good thing!
You may also want to watch:
“Everywhere else has a Pride event and we have as much to be proud of in Honiton as anywhere else does.”
If Honiton was to hold such an event, Councillor Sheridan-Shaw has earmarked April 2019 as the month to stage it in.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 8 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 9 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 10 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West