Council calls for retention of Honiton right of way
Affordable homes development planned for derelict land.
A DERELICT parcel of land, sandwiched between High Street and Northcote Lane, in Honiton, could be developed to provide new affordable homes.
Honiton Town Council is supporting a planning application for eight dwellings on land adjacent to Vine Passage.
DRD Construction is seeking permission to build on the site, which has been a wasteground for a number of years.
However, members of Honiton Town Council’s planning committee are keen to ensure a public right of way remains.
You may also want to watch:
They have recommended the retention of the right of way be a condition of planning approval.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott