Council calls for retention of Honiton right of way
Affordable homes development planned for derelict land.
A DERELICT parcel of land, sandwiched between High Street and Northcote Lane, in Honiton, could be developed to provide new affordable homes.
Honiton Town Council is supporting a planning application for eight dwellings on land adjacent to Vine Passage.
DRD Construction is seeking permission to build on the site, which has been a wasteground for a number of years.
However, members of Honiton Town Council’s planning committee are keen to ensure a public right of way remains.
You may also want to watch:
They have recommended the retention of the right of way be a condition of planning approval.
- 1 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 4 Hot form in the heat at Axe Cliff
- 5 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
- 6 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 7 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 8 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 9 UPDATE: Man dies after 'serious accident' on A30
- 10 Beachgoers share moment of wonder