Council didn’t pay for bunting
The Seaton Festival of Cycling committee is in the process of finalising the accounts for the festival.
The Seaton Festival of Cycling committee is in the process of finalising the accounts for the festival. It was a surprise, therefore, to read the chairman of Seaton Town Council stating that the council was paying for the bunting that had been purchased for the event.
The town clerk, however, had previously advised the committee that their contribution would be limited to meeting the cost of the programmes, a few boards and some of the hand flags - but not the bunting. If the council has now decided to increase its support for this event, that contribution would, of course, be very welcome.
If they were to prefer, however, to commit to setting aside a sum to support next year's festival that would be much appreciated, too.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 2 School recognised for appliance of science
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 5 Customers reminded to look out for tax credit renewal packs
- 6 Mum and daughters take some big steps to help beat cancer
- 7 Green blueprint for new valley park is agreed
- 8 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 9 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
- 10 Author's school visit takes the biscuit