Council didn’t pay for bunting
The Seaton Festival of Cycling committee is in the process of finalising the accounts for the festival.
The Seaton Festival of Cycling committee is in the process of finalising the accounts for the festival. It was a surprise, therefore, to read the chairman of Seaton Town Council stating that the council was paying for the bunting that had been purchased for the event.
The town clerk, however, had previously advised the committee that their contribution would be limited to meeting the cost of the programmes, a few boards and some of the hand flags - but not the bunting. If the council has now decided to increase its support for this event, that contribution would, of course, be very welcome.
If they were to prefer, however, to commit to setting aside a sum to support next year's festival that would be much appreciated, too.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Lions help enthusiastic work skills group
- 4 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 5 Your chance to be crowned top artist
- 6 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 7 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 8 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 9 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 10 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis