Council didn’t pay for bunting
The Seaton Festival of Cycling committee is in the process of finalising the accounts for the festival.
The Seaton Festival of Cycling committee is in the process of finalising the accounts for the festival. It was a surprise, therefore, to read the chairman of Seaton Town Council stating that the council was paying for the bunting that had been purchased for the event.
The town clerk, however, had previously advised the committee that their contribution would be limited to meeting the cost of the programmes, a few boards and some of the hand flags - but not the bunting. If the council has now decided to increase its support for this event, that contribution would, of course, be very welcome.
If they were to prefer, however, to commit to setting aside a sum to support next year's festival that would be much appreciated, too.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 4 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 5 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 6 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 7 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 8 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 9 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 10 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life