Council honour for Terry Farebrother
HONITON S former street market supervisor, Terry Farebrother, has been presented with a citation and plaque by Honiton Town Council.
HONITON'S former street market supervisor, Terry Farebrother, has been presented with a citation and plaque by Honiton Town Council.
Long-serving Mr Farebrother recently retired after years of sterling service.
Councillor Vivienne Ash, the Mayor of Honiton, accompanied by former mayor Councillor Sally Casson and town clerk Lyn Hargood, made the presentation at Mr Farebrother's High Street shop, Liquid Assets.
Mr Farebrother said: "It was greatly appreciated, and I regard it as an honour to receive the Town Crest for past services rendered.
You may also want to watch:
"My wife, Annie, was also very pleased to receive a bouquet of flowers, for her secretarial work over the years that enabled me to carry out my duties in an efficient manner."
He added: "As administrator for the Tourist Information Centre, I still have my 'toe in the water' on local issues and will continue to promote Honiton as a place to visit.
- 1 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 2 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 3 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 4 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 5 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 6 William conquers 200 books
- 7 Enjoy spectacular visual art exhibition at town's Thelma Hulbert Gallery
- 8 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 9 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 10 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local