Council honour for Terry Farebrother
HONITON S former street market supervisor, Terry Farebrother, has been presented with a citation and plaque by Honiton Town Council.
HONITON'S former street market supervisor, Terry Farebrother, has been presented with a citation and plaque by Honiton Town Council.
Long-serving Mr Farebrother recently retired after years of sterling service.
Councillor Vivienne Ash, the Mayor of Honiton, accompanied by former mayor Councillor Sally Casson and town clerk Lyn Hargood, made the presentation at Mr Farebrother's High Street shop, Liquid Assets.
Mr Farebrother said: "It was greatly appreciated, and I regard it as an honour to receive the Town Crest for past services rendered.
You may also want to watch:
"My wife, Annie, was also very pleased to receive a bouquet of flowers, for her secretarial work over the years that enabled me to carry out my duties in an efficient manner."
He added: "As administrator for the Tourist Information Centre, I still have my 'toe in the water' on local issues and will continue to promote Honiton as a place to visit.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 5 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 6 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 7 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 8 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 9 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business
- 10 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter