Council honour for Terry Farebrother
HONITON S former street market supervisor, Terry Farebrother, has been presented with a citation and plaque by Honiton Town Council.
HONITON'S former street market supervisor, Terry Farebrother, has been presented with a citation and plaque by Honiton Town Council.
Long-serving Mr Farebrother recently retired after years of sterling service.
Councillor Vivienne Ash, the Mayor of Honiton, accompanied by former mayor Councillor Sally Casson and town clerk Lyn Hargood, made the presentation at Mr Farebrother's High Street shop, Liquid Assets.
Mr Farebrother said: "It was greatly appreciated, and I regard it as an honour to receive the Town Crest for past services rendered.
You may also want to watch:
"My wife, Annie, was also very pleased to receive a bouquet of flowers, for her secretarial work over the years that enabled me to carry out my duties in an efficient manner."
He added: "As administrator for the Tourist Information Centre, I still have my 'toe in the water' on local issues and will continue to promote Honiton as a place to visit.
- 1 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 2 Hollie's happy to be in the Little Shop of vouchers
- 3 Netball club members win superstar backing for 'trip' to Australia
- 4 Caroline and Steve Bond win Covid Cup at Axe Cliff
- 5 Author's school visit takes the biscuit
- 6 Honiton carers' group meets again
- 7 Latest news from Axe Cliff Golf Club
- 8 Tourist attraction scoops prestigious award for 'tramathon' live event
- 9 Children get a taste of life in a forest school - and enjoy the benefits
- 10 When former emperor Napolean came to Devon