Council says ‘Oh Yez’ to Seaton crier’s new outfit
Town Crier to wear Seaton regalia
OH Yez – Seaton’s new town crier is getting an outfit to shout about.
Councillors agreed on Monday that David Craner should be dressed in full regalia when carrying out his duties in the resort.
And they voted to give him �300 to help pay for it.
Councillor Mark Fisher pointed that he was also town crier for Beaminster and Crewkerne and had two uniforms already.
You may also want to watch:
He asked why they couldn’t all club together and get him a joint uniform – or just buy him a new hat.
But Councillor John Meakin said it was important he had Seaton regalia when in the town.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal
- 9 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
- 10 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents