Council to press on with centre plan
It is not all over for Honiton Town Council’s plan to deliver a community centre and council offices.
HONITON Town Council says it is encouraged that East Devon District Council wants it to explore alternative sites for a community centre.
Members of the town council’s policy committee met behind closed doors on Monday night to discuss available options after the district authority withdrew its offer of land for the project.
However, this decision has now been ‘called in’ and is to be looked at again. A final decision will be made in October.
Town clerk Lyn Hargood said councillors had conducted a review of possible alternative sites for the scheme.
You may also want to watch:
Full story on pages 1 and 3 of tomorrow’s Midweek Herald.
- 1 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 2 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 3 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 4 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 5 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 6 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 7 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 8 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon