Council to press on with centre plan
It is not all over for Honiton Town Council’s plan to deliver a community centre and council offices.
HONITON Town Council says it is encouraged that East Devon District Council wants it to explore alternative sites for a community centre.
Members of the town council’s policy committee met behind closed doors on Monday night to discuss available options after the district authority withdrew its offer of land for the project.
However, this decision has now been ‘called in’ and is to be looked at again. A final decision will be made in October.
Town clerk Lyn Hargood said councillors had conducted a review of possible alternative sites for the scheme.
You may also want to watch:
Full story on pages 1 and 3 of tomorrow’s Midweek Herald.
- 1 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 2 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 3 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 4 Wiscombe Park hosts a fabulous return to motorsport
- 5 Colyton submits its Neighbourhood Plan to district planners
- 6 Ian Chubb retains Whimple and Blackdown seat
- 7 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 8 Children get a taste of life in a forest school - and enjoy the benefits
- 9 Ian Hall retains Devon County Council seat
- 10 East Devon businesses 'doing utmost' to comply with covid regulations