Council to press on with centre plan
It is not all over for Honiton Town Council’s plan to deliver a community centre and council offices.
HONITON Town Council says it is encouraged that East Devon District Council wants it to explore alternative sites for a community centre.
Members of the town council’s policy committee met behind closed doors on Monday night to discuss available options after the district authority withdrew its offer of land for the project.
However, this decision has now been ‘called in’ and is to be looked at again. A final decision will be made in October.
Town clerk Lyn Hargood said councillors had conducted a review of possible alternative sites for the scheme.
You may also want to watch:
Full story on pages 1 and 3 of tomorrow’s Midweek Herald.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 4 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 5 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 6 Lions help enthusiastic work skills group
- 7 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 8 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 9 William conquers 200 books
- 10 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed