Councillor stresses need to push for by-pass
“It is a priority to push for an eastern by-pass,” says Honiton Town Councillor.
A Honiton councillor has emphasised the need to continue pushing for an eastern by-pass for the town.
Councillor Roy Coombs raised the subject during a meeting of Honiton Town Council last week and said he had become aware of an inquiry being led by Somerset County Council, in parternship with other local authorities, including Devon County Council, to look into options for the A30, A303 and A358.
At the meeting last week he said that as part of the inquiry a survey was being done to look into the impact on local businesses, which was set to be completed by July 20.
Cllr Coombs raised concerns that the proposal did not make any reference to the A35 and eastern by-pass.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I think they are doing the right thing for Somerset but it seems to me that the A35 is being, deliberately or otherwise, forgotten. It is possible the A35 never should have been part of the same road scheme. It might have been a mistake several years ago that history can’t change it.
Councillor Mike Allen said he was unsure what advantage this would have for Somerset and asked for clarification on the council’s policy regarding the eastern by-pass.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
He was advised that the council’s policy was to support work towards an eastern by-pass.
Cllr Coombs said it was a priority to push for an eastern by-pass.