Councillors throw away draft plan
Portfolio holder finds copies in recycling bin.
District councillors have been rapped - for throwing away draft copies of the proposed local plan.
Councillor Ray Bloxham, East Devon District Council’s portfolio holder for corporate business, told a meeting of the authority’s cabinet on Wednesday that he was “disappointed”.
“After a previous meeting, I found quite a number of draft copies in the recycling bin in the Members’ Area,” he said.
The council’s chairman, Peter Halse, said he “never takes anything home”.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d need an extension on my house, if I did,” he explained.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal
- 9 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
- 10 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents