CANCELLED – Honiton Agricultural show called off due to coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
The annual Honiton Agricultural Show has been cancelled due to coronavirus.
The show was set to take place at Honiton Showground on Thursday, August 6, but the management committee of the Honiton and District Agricultural Association have taken the ‘extremely difficult’ decision to call it off.
A spokesman for the committee said: “As responsible event organisers and with current Government advice, the priority has to be the health and safety of our volunteers, stewards, staff, membership, exhibitors, visitors and our wider community in conjunction with safeguarding our treasured association.
“We know our show is a calendar highlight for many and this will disappoint everyone who loves the show as much as we do.
“The association would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone involved in our wonderful organisation and thank in advance our exhibitors and sponsors for their continuing support and understanding at this time.”
You may also want to watch:
The association will be contacting trade stand-holders, exhibitors and suppliers.
It will continue to support the rural community ‘however we can’ and is looking forward to welcoming people to next year’s show.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery