Cow kidnapped in Axminster
A SIX foot cow belonging to an Axminster pub landlord has reportedly been spotted in Hudders-field after it was stolen. Neville Causley, of the Hunters Lodge, said locals had been moo-ved to tears by the loss of Shimmy, the cow dressed as a butler. He sa
A SIX foot cow belonging to an Axminster pub landlord has reportedly been spotted in Hudders-field after it was stolen.
Neville Causley, of the Hunters Lodge, said locals had been moo-ved to tears by the loss of Shimmy, the cow dressed as a butler.
He said there had been many sightings of Shimmy - but he could not be sure if it was the cow - or just bull.
He said: "We named the butler Shimmy, because he is half he, half she - with horns and an udder. We are gutted that he/she's gone.
You may also want to watch:
"A lot of people miss the cow and many used to cheer and point at Shimmy when they drove by. Now there's a big gap where Shimmy was."
He said Shimmy, who used to advertise that they served food, was worth �350 to �400 and had been cemented to the wall.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 4 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 7 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 8 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 9 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 10 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
He said it would have taken at least a couple of beefy people to move the heavy ornament.
"Whoever did this has gone to a lot of effort - it's not something you do in a minute or two. They cut it from the wall and must have strapped it to a car.
"I can't believe it. I don't know what we can do - such cows are a bit rare. I'm hoping it was dumped somewhere and will be recovered."
In the meantime, the cow jokes will be coming in until the cow comes home.