Cracking new donation for students
New chicken run opens up new learning opportunities for students at Honiton Community College.
Students in Honiton are making cracking good use of a new run to house their newly hatched chickens.
The new chicken run was donated to Honiton Community College by members of Honiton and District Lions Club.
The hatching of the chickens was relayed around the college via a webcam link and created a great deal of interest among both students and staff.
It is hoped the eggs can be used in cooking classes by the work and social studies students - demonstrating the link between animal husbandry and food production.
You may also want to watch:
The Lions also helped fund, source and build a garden shed which will be used to store garden equipment.
Senior learning support assistant Alison Salter thanked the Lions club on behalf of the college for the groups support.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 9 Ashley and Kate win prestigious organic farming accolade
- 10 Devon Tesco stores support NSPCC through grants scheme