Cracking new donation for students
New chicken run opens up new learning opportunities for students at Honiton Community College.
Students in Honiton are making cracking good use of a new run to house their newly hatched chickens.
The new chicken run was donated to Honiton Community College by members of Honiton and District Lions Club.
The hatching of the chickens was relayed around the college via a webcam link and created a great deal of interest among both students and staff.
It is hoped the eggs can be used in cooking classes by the work and social studies students - demonstrating the link between animal husbandry and food production.
The Lions also helped fund, source and build a garden shed which will be used to store garden equipment.
Senior learning support assistant Alison Salter thanked the Lions club on behalf of the college for the groups support.
- 1 Devon model railway manufacturer expands factory space to keep up with demand
- 2 Mum-to-be's relaxing holiday ends in baby being delivered at Devon resort
- 3 Campsite bid for farm to boost business
- 4 New homes released for sale in Seaton with help available for first time buyers
- 5 Five-year-old girl dies after road accident near Honiton
- 6 Careless charity shop donors are costing Devon Air Ambulance money
- 7 'A new era, and a new beginning for Honiton Town Council'
- 8 Information sought on fly-tipping incident in Honiton
- 9 Honiton slip to home defeat against brilliant Bovey
- 10 New £60,000 funding for Honiton play park