Cracking result for Colyton Carnival
COLYTON Carnival Committee has made a profit of �9,796 for the year. Committee treasurer Geoff Clode said it was down by �717 compared to last year – due to the recession.
COLYTON Carnival Committee has made a profit of �9,796 for the year.
Committee treasurer Geoff Clode said it was down by �717 compared to last year - due to the recession.
Co-chairman Stephen Real congratulated members on their success and thanked the builders of the carnival queen's float.
He thanked everyone involved in the market, which raised �4,475 that week.
You may also want to watch:
Of the money raised, �3,750 will go towards fencing equipment for the multi-use games area at the playing field. A small percentage will be put into reserve to run next year's carnival, and �4,500 will be split among all the organisations on the carnival committee.
The annual general meeting of Colyton Carnival Committee is on Tuesday, November 24, at 7.45pm, in the St John Hall, King Street.
- 1 PM had to be cautious on next step, says MP
- 2 East Devon showjumper on the Olympic shortlist
- 3 Charity plant fair with plenty for gardeners and growers to enjoy
- 4 Deadline looms for to claim Brexit support funding
- 5 'Unmissable' music show a treat for Beehive audiences
- 6 Baker's son who became one of Nelson's naval commanders
- 7 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 8 Afternoon of jazz and cream teas at Coldharbour Farm House
- 9 Moxey takes Gulls to the final
- 10 Virtual work experience programme for young people in region