Cracking result for Colyton Carnival
COLYTON Carnival Committee has made a profit of �9,796 for the year. Committee treasurer Geoff Clode said it was down by �717 compared to last year – due to the recession.
COLYTON Carnival Committee has made a profit of �9,796 for the year.
Committee treasurer Geoff Clode said it was down by �717 compared to last year - due to the recession.
Co-chairman Stephen Real congratulated members on their success and thanked the builders of the carnival queen's float.
He thanked everyone involved in the market, which raised �4,475 that week.
You may also want to watch:
Of the money raised, �3,750 will go towards fencing equipment for the multi-use games area at the playing field. A small percentage will be put into reserve to run next year's carnival, and �4,500 will be split among all the organisations on the carnival committee.
The annual general meeting of Colyton Carnival Committee is on Tuesday, November 24, at 7.45pm, in the St John Hall, King Street.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 10 How you can help your children keep up with studying