Cracking result for Colyton Carnival
COLYTON Carnival Committee has made a profit of �9,796 for the year. Committee treasurer Geoff Clode said it was down by �717 compared to last year – due to the recession.
COLYTON Carnival Committee has made a profit of �9,796 for the year.
Committee treasurer Geoff Clode said it was down by �717 compared to last year - due to the recession.
Co-chairman Stephen Real congratulated members on their success and thanked the builders of the carnival queen's float.
He thanked everyone involved in the market, which raised �4,475 that week.
You may also want to watch:
Of the money raised, �3,750 will go towards fencing equipment for the multi-use games area at the playing field. A small percentage will be put into reserve to run next year's carnival, and �4,500 will be split among all the organisations on the carnival committee.
The annual general meeting of Colyton Carnival Committee is on Tuesday, November 24, at 7.45pm, in the St John Hall, King Street.
- 1 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 2 Thug jailed for violent bottle attack at Seaton Tesco
- 3 Dark day for Millwey Rise
- 4 Cafe boss bounces back after adapting to impact of virus
- 5 Wedding venue team goes extra mile for customers
- 6 Community group invites people to volunteers fayre
- 7 Benefit cheat 'too disabled to move' filmed shopping in Axminster
- 8 Flying start for the Axminster Tigers
- 9 Honiton u3a group tackles international art theft
- 10 Lottery millionaire helps support big beach clean-up