Creative evening for students
- Credit: Archant
Students at Honiton Community College showcase their creative talents.
Monologues, music and theatre hits rang out in Honiton Community College last week, as it hosted a creative arts evening. The evening gave GCSE and A Level students an opportunity to display and celebrate their work with the community.
Several classrooms were set up to show off the talents of art students, with photography, textiles and many more variations displayed.
Nick Dormand, the head of creative arts, said: “What we showed tonight is that our students aren’t scared to push the boundaries.
“I’m exceptionally proud of my students because they have produced work which is up there with the best we’ve ever seen.
You may also want to watch:
“What’s great is they go away and think about their projects, and come back with ideas I’d never even have thought of. It’s inspiring.”
Visitors were also treated to a live performance from the Honiton Jazz Project and musical sneak-peeks from the school’s end of year show, Schools Will Rock You.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
Students are currently preparing for the production, which is being performed from Thursday, July 18.
Tickets for the show, which starts at 7pm each night, cost £5 and can be purchased from the school reception. There will also be a matinee performance on Saturday, July 20, at 2.30pm.