Crews put out fridge-freezer fire

PUBLISHED: 10:41 19 August 2017

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service was called out.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service was called out.

Archant

A fridge-freezer was on fire in a home in Axminster this morning (Saturday), in an incident attended by the emergency services.

Two fire engines from Axminster and two from Dorset were sent to Macford Court after reports of a fire in a kitchen at 7.08am.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service crews found an American-style fridge-freezer on fire.

They used one hose to extinguish the blaze, and then helped to clear smoke from the property.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald