Crews put out fridge-freezer fire

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service was called out.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service was called out. - Credit: Archant

A fridge-freezer was on fire in a home in Axminster this morning (Saturday), in an incident attended by the emergency services.

Two fire engines from Axminster and two from Dorset were sent to Macford Court after reports of a fire in a kitchen at 7.08am.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service crews found an American-style fridge-freezer on fire.

They used one hose to extinguish the blaze, and then helped to clear smoke from the property.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus