Crews sent to tackle kitchen fire

Ventilation fan used to remove smoke from first floor flat in Ottery St Mary.

TWO fire appliances from Honiton and a tender from Middlemoor were sent to tackle a kitchen fire in Ottery St Mary yesterday (Wednesday) at teatime.

The fire was reported in a first floor flat, in Mill Street, but was out when firefighters arrived.

Crews used a ventilation fan to remove smoke from the premises and ensured the area was safe before returning to base.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter