Crews tackle Axminster chimney blaze

NDG-FIRE-ENGINE-LEAVING-BASE

- Credit: Archant

Wood burner goes up in flames in thatched property

Fire crews from Axminster and Colyton were called to a chimney fire in Sector Lane, Axminster

The blaze occurred on Monday (January 19) at 7.09pm.

Upon arrival, firefighters found a fire within a wood burner of the thatched property.

The fire was extinguished using chimney gear and the area was checked with a thermal imaging camera.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus