Cricket star meets young namesake
Former Somerset fast bowler Steffan Jones meets Steffan Jones at Tatworth coaching session
Former Somerset cricketer, Steffan Jones, met up with his young namesake when he visited Tatworth last week.
He was at the village primary school to give a free coaching session.
Amongst the young cricketers there to greet him was Year Four pupil Steffan Jones whose parents Andy and Helen had named him after the county bowling star.
Mr Jones, is a very keen cricketer, who now plays for the local side, based at the school – the ‘Tatworth Crusaders’
You may also want to watch:
Now everyone is the Tatworth School side is hoping that the extra coaching will help them to even greater achievements following them being crowned county champions last summer by winning the Ewart Hebditch Cup.
Another ex-Somerset player, Matt Bulbeck, also works at the school as a PE Coach two days a week.
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 3 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 4 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 5 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'