Crime continues to fall in Honiton
PUBLISHED: 17:00 24 July 2015
Between Monday, June 8, and Sunday, July 12, 44 offences were recorded - a drop of five compared to the same period last year.
The latest Honiton crime statistics show a 10 per cent decrease on last year’s figures.
Between Monday, June 8, and Sunday, July 12, 44 offences were recorded – a drop of five compared to the same period last year.
The results were read out to councillors by PCSO Dave Keeler at last week’s Honiton Town Council meeting.
The offences consisted of nine thefts from a shop and five other thefts. Three of these were by finding, one was from a car and the other was carried out in a home.
There were three assaults resulting in actual bodily harm, with one offender charged, another cautioned but one case was taken no further due to lack of evidence.
One attempted burglary was reported, as were two house burglaries, both of which are being investigated by the Criminal Investigation Department.
PCSO Keeler told councillors that seven cases of criminal damage were reported during the month, three to a house, three to a vehicle and one to a pub.
Two common assaults were recorded, as were three cases of interfering with a motor vehicle. There was one harassment incident, resulting in the offender being charged, two possessions of cannabis and a theft of a motor vehicle.
The remaining offences were five public order offences and three other offences – wasting police time, and intercept communications offences and one making off without payment.
PC James Mackay, Honiton’s new neighbourhood beat manager, said: “It’s pleasing to see a reduction in crime for the Honiton Town area, compared to the same period last year.
“We will continue to work with the public and partner agencies to reduce this figure even further.”