Crime down in Honiton

PUBLISHED: 15:15 10 December 2013 | UPDATED: 15:29 10 December 2013

Archant

Latest crime figures revealed.

The latest crime figures for Honiton town show an encouraging drop compared to the same period last year and included six assaults, 10 spates of criminal damage, six of which were vehicle damage, and three drug possession offences.

PCSO Steve Mingo told Honiton Town Council at its latest meeting that the total number of recordable crime from Monday, November 11 to December, Monday 9 was 40, compared to 48 during the same period last year.

Of these offences there were four accounts of theft, three thefts from vehicles and one drink drive offence.

PCSO Mingo also told the meeting that one burglary of an outbuilding had been reported and twelve other incidents were also recorded, including three making off with payment offences and a public order offence.

“It’s very pleasing to see crime down in Honiton,” he said. “The figures reflect a downwards trend which we hope will continue.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald