Crime down in Honiton
Eight assaults and 17 thefts reported.
Crime has dropped in Honiton, according to the police report for the last month.
PCSO Darren England told Honiton Town Council last week that, between September 8 and November 12, 60 crimes had been reported, compared to 83 during the same period last year - a drop of 23 crimes.
Crimes recorded included eight assaults and burglaries and 17 thefts, which included seven shoplifting offences.
Statistics included 11 cases of criminal damage.
You may also want to watch:
PCSO England told councillors that, of those 60 crimes, 10 had already been detected and the offender or offenders had been dealt with.
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 4 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 5 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 6 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 7 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 8 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 9 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 10 Ladies and Gents Challenge Match at Honiton Bowls