Crime down in Honiton
Eight assaults and 17 thefts reported.
Crime has dropped in Honiton, according to the police report for the last month.
PCSO Darren England told Honiton Town Council last week that, between September 8 and November 12, 60 crimes had been reported, compared to 83 during the same period last year - a drop of 23 crimes.
Crimes recorded included eight assaults and burglaries and 17 thefts, which included seven shoplifting offences.
Statistics included 11 cases of criminal damage.
You may also want to watch:
PCSO England told councillors that, of those 60 crimes, 10 had already been detected and the offender or offenders had been dealt with.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 7 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 8 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 9 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters