Crime down in Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Latest crime figures revealed.
The latest crime figures for Honiton town show an encouraging drop compared to the same period last year and included six assaults, 10 spates of criminal damage, six of which were vehicle damage, and three drug possession offences.
PCSO Steve Mingo told Honiton Town Council at its latest meeting that the total number of recordable crime from Monday, November 11 to December, Monday 9 was 40, compared to 48 during the same period last year.
Of these offences there were four accounts of theft, three thefts from vehicles and one drink drive offence.
PCSO Mingo also told the meeting that one burglary of an outbuilding had been reported and twelve other incidents were also recorded, including three making off with payment offences and a public order offence.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s very pleasing to see crime down in Honiton,” he said. “The figures reflect a downwards trend which we hope will continue.”
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Your chance to be crowned top artist
- 4 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 5 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 6 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 7 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 8 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 9 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 10 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis