Crime down in Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Latest crime figures revealed.
The latest crime figures for Honiton town show an encouraging drop compared to the same period last year and included six assaults, 10 spates of criminal damage, six of which were vehicle damage, and three drug possession offences.
PCSO Steve Mingo told Honiton Town Council at its latest meeting that the total number of recordable crime from Monday, November 11 to December, Monday 9 was 40, compared to 48 during the same period last year.
Of these offences there were four accounts of theft, three thefts from vehicles and one drink drive offence.
PCSO Mingo also told the meeting that one burglary of an outbuilding had been reported and twelve other incidents were also recorded, including three making off with payment offences and a public order offence.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s very pleasing to see crime down in Honiton,” he said. “The figures reflect a downwards trend which we hope will continue.”
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 What are you going to throw at us this year? - Furrowed Brow