Crime down in Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Latest crime figures revealed.
The latest crime figures for Honiton town show an encouraging drop compared to the same period last year and included six assaults, 10 spates of criminal damage, six of which were vehicle damage, and three drug possession offences.
PCSO Steve Mingo told Honiton Town Council at its latest meeting that the total number of recordable crime from Monday, November 11 to December, Monday 9 was 40, compared to 48 during the same period last year.
Of these offences there were four accounts of theft, three thefts from vehicles and one drink drive offence.
PCSO Mingo also told the meeting that one burglary of an outbuilding had been reported and twelve other incidents were also recorded, including three making off with payment offences and a public order offence.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s very pleasing to see crime down in Honiton,” he said. “The figures reflect a downwards trend which we hope will continue.”
- 1 Bid to remove traveller site restriction rejected by councillors
- 2 East Devon's Property of the Week
- 3 East Devon Property of the Week
- 4 Mechanic keeps life-saving blood bikes on the road
- 5 Villagers determined that the fair must go on
- 6 Family's wellbeing business success is Taylor made
- 7 White Hart pub damaged by fire
- 8 Freddie the tramping potter could drink a gallon of cider
- 9 Positive partnership for Honiton Cricket Club
- 10 Chiropractor unveils new name and reaffirms commitment to serve community