Crime down in Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Latest crime figures revealed.
The latest crime figures for Honiton town show an encouraging drop compared to the same period last year and included six assaults, 10 spates of criminal damage, six of which were vehicle damage, and three drug possession offences.
PCSO Steve Mingo told Honiton Town Council at its latest meeting that the total number of recordable crime from Monday, November 11 to December, Monday 9 was 40, compared to 48 during the same period last year.
Of these offences there were four accounts of theft, three thefts from vehicles and one drink drive offence.
PCSO Mingo also told the meeting that one burglary of an outbuilding had been reported and twelve other incidents were also recorded, including three making off with payment offences and a public order offence.
“It’s very pleasing to see crime down in Honiton,” he said. “The figures reflect a downwards trend which we hope will continue.”
- 1 Devon model railway manufacturer expands factory space to keep up with demand
- 2 Mum-to-be's relaxing holiday ends in baby being delivered at Devon resort
- 3 Campsite bid for farm to boost business
- 4 Five-year-old girl dies after road accident near Honiton
- 5 New homes released for sale in Seaton with help available for first time buyers
- 6 Information sought on fly-tipping incident in Honiton
- 7 Careless charity shop donors are costing Devon Air Ambulance money
- 8 Honiton slip to home defeat against brilliant Bovey
- 9 Dramatic departure of six Honiton councillors after council tax vote
- 10 New £60,000 funding for Honiton play park