Crime drops in Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Latest crime figures revealed.
The number of recorded crimes for the Honiton town area dropped at the start of the year, the town council has heard.
In a written report, read out during a meeting last week, the council was informed that, for the period from January 14 to February 11, the total number of recorded offences was 25, compared to 43 during the same period last year.
These included a dwelling burglary when the owner was not at home.
Police believe it was part of a series of overnight crimes in the East Devon area - the matter is subject to an ongoing investigation. There were five other types of thefts, which were from shops - one offender has been dealt with and the matters are being investigated.
You may also want to watch:
Seven assaults and criminal damage offences were reported, as well as one incident of harassment and a Communications Act offence.
During the month, there was also an incident of arson - a bin fire - at the rear of flats. There were no injuries.
- 1 Bid to remove traveller site restriction rejected by councillors
- 2 East Devon's Property of the Week
- 3 East Devon Property of the Week
- 4 Mechanic keeps life-saving blood bikes on the road
- 5 Villagers determined that the fair must go on
- 6 Family's wellbeing business success is Taylor made
- 7 Freddie the tramping potter could drink a gallon of cider
- 8 Positive partnership for Honiton Cricket Club
- 9 White Hart pub damaged by fire
- 10 Chiropractor unveils new name and reaffirms commitment to serve community