Crime drops sharply in Honiton
- Credit: Archant
From Tuesday, February 10, to Sunday, March 8, there were 18 recorded offences in town.
Latest crime figures reveal a drop of 43 per cent in the last month.
From Tuesday, February 10, to Sunday, March 8, there were 18 recorded offences in Honiton.
This is a drop of 14 compared to 32 crimes for the same period last year.
Of those offences, two were cases of criminal damage to a vehicle - one of which the offender was issued a caution, and the other dealt with by restorative justice.
There were two communication act offences, one public order act offence and one theft from a motor vehicle, and theft from a shop.
There were five incidents of criminal damage to property – two of which were dealt with by restorative justice, one charged to court and two currently under investigation.
- 1 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 2 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 3 Hobby cannabis grower from Axminster busted after he 'got greedy'
- 4 Biggest game in history looms for Beer Albion
- 5 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 6 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 7 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
- 8 The Queen;s Jubilee celebrations in Ottery and Phyllis Baxter
- 9 Honiton camera club hold snap meeting
- 10 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
The crimes also included one case of making off with payment, one harassment offence, two common assaults and one burglary of a dwelling, which is being investigated by Honiton Criminal Investigation Department. Honiton PSCO Steve Mingo said: “March’s crime report shows a drop in the recorded offences for Honiton Town for yet another month. This is obviously pleasing to see and Honiton Neighbourhood Police Team will continue to target offenders and support victims of crime with the aim of continuing this trend.”