Crime figures lowest for eight years in Seaton rural area
Police called to just one incident over the festive period
CRIMINALS took a Christmas break in the Seaton rural policing area this year, according to the latest figures.
There were nine reported incidents in December – just one during the festive period - the lowest total since at least 2004.
But the monthly crime figure was slightly up - from eight in November – an increase of 13 per cent.
Most incidents happened in Colyton where the seven recorded crimes included burglary of a home at Govers Meadow, an assault on a man in Courtenay Drive by two other males following an argument and damage to a parked vehicle in Hillhead.
You may also want to watch:
At Beer a car’s tyres were deflated leading to damage to the wheel and at Rousdon and Combpyne the only incident involved a case of domestic harassment.
There were no crimes recorded at Axmouth, Branscombe, Farway, Northleigh and Southleigh.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 3 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 4 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 5 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 6 Have your say on future development of village
- 7 School old boy went above and beyond call of duty to honour ware heroes
- 8 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 9 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 10 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
Commenting on the figure PC Steve Speariett said: “December’s total of nine crimes is the lowest since at least 2004 and the average for December has been 14 crimes in that period. In every month apart from June and July the crime totals were below the long term average and 2011 saw the lowest ever crime totals since at least 2004.
“Apart from one incident in Colyton there were no reported crimes over the Christmas and New Year period.
“The neighbourhood team would like to thank the communities, partners and parish councils for their support over the last year and together we hope to reduce crime further in 2012.”
If you have any information on any of the crimes please get in touch with Seaton Police Station on 101, by e-mail at email@example.com or you call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.