Crime rate rises as vandals target Colyton play park
- Credit: Archant
Six incidents of crime were recorded in Colyton in January, including £100 worth of damage to play equipment.
Incidents logged in the rural area have increased by 117 per cent from the same period last year, from six to 13.
In Colyford, apparatus at the Peace Memorial play park was damaged between 11.30pm, on Wednesday, January 28, and 9am, on Friday, January 30. [Crime reference: CR/006780/15]
Between Tuesday, January 13, and Sunday, January 18, a property in Springfields, Colyford, was broken into and jewellery stolen. [CR/004180/15]
Police are asking for residents to be vigilant after a spate of power tool burglaries in Seaton, Beer and Branscombe over December and January.
In Beer, power tools were taken after thieves broke into a garage in Long Hill during Friday, January 23, and Saturday, January 24. [CR/005841/15]
Another burglary was carried out on a garden shed in New Road but nothing was taken. [CR/005360/15].
- 1 Massive occasion beckons for Axminster Town FC
- 2 Honiton firefighters tackle chimney fire
- 3 Learn new skills at Axminster community shed
- 4 Property of the Week: York Close, Axminster
- 5 Property firm on lookout for development land in East Devon
- 6 Colyton neighbourhood plan now comes into force
- 7 More than 600 jobs up for grabs at Travelodge - including in South West
- 8 Did visit prompt Queen Victoria to choose Honiton lace for wedding dress?
- 9 Tributes to 'passionate' former Lyme Regis mayor, Stan Williams
- 10 Policing activity in Honiton, Axminster and Colyford
The average number of crimes recorded in January since 2004 has been 17.
If you have any information on any of the crimes, please get in touch with Seaton Police Station on 101.