Crime rate rises as vandals target Colyton play park
- Credit: Archant
Six incidents of crime were recorded in Colyton in January, including £100 worth of damage to play equipment.
Incidents logged in the rural area have increased by 117 per cent from the same period last year, from six to 13.
In Colyford, apparatus at the Peace Memorial play park was damaged between 11.30pm, on Wednesday, January 28, and 9am, on Friday, January 30. [Crime reference: CR/006780/15]
Between Tuesday, January 13, and Sunday, January 18, a property in Springfields, Colyford, was broken into and jewellery stolen. [CR/004180/15]
Police are asking for residents to be vigilant after a spate of power tool burglaries in Seaton, Beer and Branscombe over December and January.
You may also want to watch:
In Beer, power tools were taken after thieves broke into a garage in Long Hill during Friday, January 23, and Saturday, January 24. [CR/005841/15]
Another burglary was carried out on a garden shed in New Road but nothing was taken. [CR/005360/15].
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 4 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 8 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
- 9 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 10 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
The average number of crimes recorded in January since 2004 has been 17.
If you have any information on any of the crimes, please get in touch with Seaton Police Station on 101.