Crime rate rises as vandals target Colyton play park
- Credit: Archant
Six incidents of crime were recorded in Colyton in January, including £100 worth of damage to play equipment.
Incidents logged in the rural area have increased by 117 per cent from the same period last year, from six to 13.
In Colyford, apparatus at the Peace Memorial play park was damaged between 11.30pm, on Wednesday, January 28, and 9am, on Friday, January 30. [Crime reference: CR/006780/15]
Between Tuesday, January 13, and Sunday, January 18, a property in Springfields, Colyford, was broken into and jewellery stolen. [CR/004180/15]
Police are asking for residents to be vigilant after a spate of power tool burglaries in Seaton, Beer and Branscombe over December and January.
You may also want to watch:
In Beer, power tools were taken after thieves broke into a garage in Long Hill during Friday, January 23, and Saturday, January 24. [CR/005841/15]
Another burglary was carried out on a garden shed in New Road but nothing was taken. [CR/005360/15].
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 6 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
The average number of crimes recorded in January since 2004 has been 17.
If you have any information on any of the crimes, please get in touch with Seaton Police Station on 101.