Crime rate rises as vandals target Colyton play park
- Credit: Archant
Six incidents of crime were recorded in Colyton in January, including £100 worth of damage to play equipment.
Incidents logged in the rural area have increased by 117 per cent from the same period last year, from six to 13.
In Colyford, apparatus at the Peace Memorial play park was damaged between 11.30pm, on Wednesday, January 28, and 9am, on Friday, January 30. [Crime reference: CR/006780/15]
Between Tuesday, January 13, and Sunday, January 18, a property in Springfields, Colyford, was broken into and jewellery stolen. [CR/004180/15]
Police are asking for residents to be vigilant after a spate of power tool burglaries in Seaton, Beer and Branscombe over December and January.
In Beer, power tools were taken after thieves broke into a garage in Long Hill during Friday, January 23, and Saturday, January 24. [CR/005841/15]
Another burglary was carried out on a garden shed in New Road but nothing was taken. [CR/005360/15].
- 1 New management team in place for the Honiton Hippos
- 2 Bestiality video found on jailed drug dealer's phone
- 3 'Graffiti vandals' target Honiton skate park
- 4 Drivers advised to plan journeys as A35 landslip work begins
- 5 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
- 6 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 7 50 years since Ugandan Asians were resettled in Honiton
- 8 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 9 Plan for 18-METRE 5G mast in Honiton submitted
- 10 AVR takes on Britain's best Trail Marathon
The average number of crimes recorded in January since 2004 has been 17.
If you have any information on any of the crimes, please get in touch with Seaton Police Station on 101.