Crime rate rises as vandals target Colyton play park
- Credit: Archant
Six incidents of crime were recorded in Colyton in January, including £100 worth of damage to play equipment.
Incidents logged in the rural area have increased by 117 per cent from the same period last year, from six to 13.
In Colyford, apparatus at the Peace Memorial play park was damaged between 11.30pm, on Wednesday, January 28, and 9am, on Friday, January 30. [Crime reference: CR/006780/15]
Between Tuesday, January 13, and Sunday, January 18, a property in Springfields, Colyford, was broken into and jewellery stolen. [CR/004180/15]
Police are asking for residents to be vigilant after a spate of power tool burglaries in Seaton, Beer and Branscombe over December and January.
You may also want to watch:
In Beer, power tools were taken after thieves broke into a garage in Long Hill during Friday, January 23, and Saturday, January 24. [CR/005841/15]
Another burglary was carried out on a garden shed in New Road but nothing was taken. [CR/005360/15].
- 1 Bid to remove traveller site restriction rejected by councillors
- 2 East Devon's Property of the Week
- 3 East Devon Property of the Week
- 4 Mechanic keeps life-saving blood bikes on the road
- 5 Family's wellbeing business success is Taylor made
- 6 Villagers determined that the fair must go on
- 7 Freddie the tramping potter could drink a gallon of cider
- 8 Positive partnership for Honiton Cricket Club
- 9 White Hart pub damaged by fire
- 10 Chiropractor unveils new name and reaffirms commitment to serve community
The average number of crimes recorded in January since 2004 has been 17.
If you have any information on any of the crimes, please get in touch with Seaton Police Station on 101.