Crime stats show 38 offences reported in Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Nearly 40 crimes were reported in Honiton this month, the latest police statistics have revealed.
Police have said of the 38 offences, 15 are still under investigation, while 19 have been filed with no further action taken.
The incidents consist of 11 assaults, six thefts ‘other’, two thefts from a shop, four incidents of criminal damage to a motor vehicle and one attempted burglary of a dwelling. All of the 11 assaults were carried out by an offender known to the victim.
A spokesman for Honiton’s neighbourhood policing team added: “We have also received some reports about fraud against people.
“These have been reported to Action Fraud. We would like to remind people not to send money to anyone who has offered a payout linked to PPI. The victims are asked to send money before they get their full payout.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnesses a crime or has information relating to an incident should call police on 101.
Alternatively, they can report anonymously to Crimestoppers by calling 0800 555 111.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 6 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 7 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 8 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 9 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters