Crime stats show 38 offences reported in Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Nearly 40 crimes were reported in Honiton this month, the latest police statistics have revealed.
Police have said of the 38 offences, 15 are still under investigation, while 19 have been filed with no further action taken.
The incidents consist of 11 assaults, six thefts ‘other’, two thefts from a shop, four incidents of criminal damage to a motor vehicle and one attempted burglary of a dwelling. All of the 11 assaults were carried out by an offender known to the victim.
A spokesman for Honiton’s neighbourhood policing team added: “We have also received some reports about fraud against people.
“These have been reported to Action Fraud. We would like to remind people not to send money to anyone who has offered a payout linked to PPI. The victims are asked to send money before they get their full payout.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnesses a crime or has information relating to an incident should call police on 101.
Alternatively, they can report anonymously to Crimestoppers by calling 0800 555 111.
- 1 Bid to remove traveller site restriction rejected by councillors
- 2 East Devon's Property of the Week
- 3 East Devon Property of the Week
- 4 Mechanic keeps life-saving blood bikes on the road
- 5 Freddie the tramping potter could drink a gallon of cider
- 6 Villagers determined that the fair must go on
- 7 Positive partnership for Honiton Cricket Club
- 8 Family's wellbeing business success is Taylor made
- 9 White Hart pub damaged by fire
- 10 Chiropractor unveils new name and reaffirms commitment to serve community