Crime stats show 38 offences reported in Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Nearly 40 crimes were reported in Honiton this month, the latest police statistics have revealed.
Police have said of the 38 offences, 15 are still under investigation, while 19 have been filed with no further action taken.
The incidents consist of 11 assaults, six thefts ‘other’, two thefts from a shop, four incidents of criminal damage to a motor vehicle and one attempted burglary of a dwelling. All of the 11 assaults were carried out by an offender known to the victim.
A spokesman for Honiton’s neighbourhood policing team added: “We have also received some reports about fraud against people.
“These have been reported to Action Fraud. We would like to remind people not to send money to anyone who has offered a payout linked to PPI. The victims are asked to send money before they get their full payout.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnesses a crime or has information relating to an incident should call police on 101.
Alternatively, they can report anonymously to Crimestoppers by calling 0800 555 111.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Your chance to be crowned top artist
- 4 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 5 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 6 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 7 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 8 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 9 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 10 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis