Crime up in Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Criminal damage, assaults and thefts top the latest figures.
Crime is up in Honiton, according to latest figures for the town.
For the period between December 10 and January 14, the total number of recorded crimes was 68, compared to 59 during the same period last year.
Criminal damage, assaults and thefts topped the latest figures - there were 19 criminal damage incidents, 12 assaults and 10 ‘other’ thefts.
PCSO Barry Redford told Honiton Town Council at a meeting last week that the criminal damage figures related to a spate of incidents where cables were cut from satellite dishes.
You may also want to watch:
There were also three thefts from motor vehicles and two thefts of a motor vehicle and one dwelling burglary.
In addition, there were two drug offences and two cases of driving with excess alcohol.
- 1 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 2 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 3 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 4 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 5 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 6 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 7 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 8 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 9 Singing in the Valleys for Alan
- 10 Junior Captain’s Day at Honiton Golf Club