Crime up in Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Criminal damage, assaults and thefts top the latest figures.
Crime is up in Honiton, according to latest figures for the town.
For the period between December 10 and January 14, the total number of recorded crimes was 68, compared to 59 during the same period last year.
Criminal damage, assaults and thefts topped the latest figures - there were 19 criminal damage incidents, 12 assaults and 10 ‘other’ thefts.
PCSO Barry Redford told Honiton Town Council at a meeting last week that the criminal damage figures related to a spate of incidents where cables were cut from satellite dishes.
You may also want to watch:
There were also three thefts from motor vehicles and two thefts of a motor vehicle and one dwelling burglary.
In addition, there were two drug offences and two cases of driving with excess alcohol.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Lions help enthusiastic work skills group
- 4 Your chance to be crowned top artist
- 5 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 6 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 7 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 8 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 9 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 10 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad