Crime up in Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Criminal damage, assaults and thefts top the latest figures.
Crime is up in Honiton, according to latest figures for the town.
For the period between December 10 and January 14, the total number of recorded crimes was 68, compared to 59 during the same period last year.
Criminal damage, assaults and thefts topped the latest figures - there were 19 criminal damage incidents, 12 assaults and 10 ‘other’ thefts.
PCSO Barry Redford told Honiton Town Council at a meeting last week that the criminal damage figures related to a spate of incidents where cables were cut from satellite dishes.
You may also want to watch:
There were also three thefts from motor vehicles and two thefts of a motor vehicle and one dwelling burglary.
In addition, there were two drug offences and two cases of driving with excess alcohol.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 6 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend