Criminals want your DNA
Police issue warning to Honiton residents following the discovery of a health scam.
YOUR DNA is the target of a new scam by tricksters operating in the Honiton area.
Police issued a warning after a local resident was sent a DNA kit from a someone posing as a representative of DNA Technologies.
It is claimed the kit will give customers an opportunity to discover if future health risks are hidden in their genetic make-up.
The kits are charged at a one-off price of �29.99.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a scam,” said a police spokeswoman. “The company will not only have your personal information and credit card details, but your DNA - if you send this off.
There is a legitimate company trading under the name of DNA Technologies, which is not involved in the scam.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 3 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 4 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 5 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 6 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 7 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 8 Mr Music's motor is no van ordinaire
- 9 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 10 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
Police are advising residents to shred the letters.