Criminals want your DNA
Police issue warning to Honiton residents following the discovery of a health scam.
YOUR DNA is the target of a new scam by tricksters operating in the Honiton area.
Police issued a warning after a local resident was sent a DNA kit from a someone posing as a representative of DNA Technologies.
It is claimed the kit will give customers an opportunity to discover if future health risks are hidden in their genetic make-up.
The kits are charged at a one-off price of �29.99.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a scam,” said a police spokeswoman. “The company will not only have your personal information and credit card details, but your DNA - if you send this off.
There is a legitimate company trading under the name of DNA Technologies, which is not involved in the scam.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon
Police are advising residents to shred the letters.