Crisis for Uplyme Church - too many worshippers
Uplyme church may have to hold service in the village hall
UPLYME Church may soon have to stop hosting a Sunday morning service - because there are TOO MANY worshippers.
Rector Gavin Tite says with a 100 or more regularly attending they are struggling to fit everyone in.
“This is a great problem to have!” he told parishioners.
“Several people have wondered if, at some point in the not so distant future, we will need to move our 10am Sunday gatherings to the Village Hall, although currently it is unavailable.
You may also want to watch:
“Of course, we will be doing all we can to increase flexibility and space within the church building, but this will not be a long-term solution.”
- 1 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 2 Hollie's happy to be in the Little Shop of vouchers
- 3 Netball club members win superstar backing for 'trip' to Australia
- 4 Caroline and Steve Bond win Covid Cup at Axe Cliff
- 5 Latest news from Axe Cliff Golf Club
- 6 Honiton carers' group meets again
- 7 Author's school visit takes the biscuit
- 8 Children get a taste of life in a forest school - and enjoy the benefits
- 9 Tourist attraction scoops prestigious award for 'tramathon' live event
- 10 When former emperor Napolean came to Devon