Crisis for Uplyme Church - too many worshippers
Uplyme church may have to hold service in the village hall
UPLYME Church may soon have to stop hosting a Sunday morning service - because there are TOO MANY worshippers.
Rector Gavin Tite says with a 100 or more regularly attending they are struggling to fit everyone in.
“This is a great problem to have!” he told parishioners.
“Several people have wondered if, at some point in the not so distant future, we will need to move our 10am Sunday gatherings to the Village Hall, although currently it is unavailable.
You may also want to watch:
“Of course, we will be doing all we can to increase flexibility and space within the church building, but this will not be a long-term solution.”
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 5 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 6 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 7 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 8 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 9 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business
- 10 Premier League contract for local footballer