Crisis for Uplyme Church - too many worshippers
Uplyme church may have to hold service in the village hall
UPLYME Church may soon have to stop hosting a Sunday morning service - because there are TOO MANY worshippers.
Rector Gavin Tite says with a 100 or more regularly attending they are struggling to fit everyone in.
“This is a great problem to have!” he told parishioners.
“Several people have wondered if, at some point in the not so distant future, we will need to move our 10am Sunday gatherings to the Village Hall, although currently it is unavailable.
You may also want to watch:
“Of course, we will be doing all we can to increase flexibility and space within the church building, but this will not be a long-term solution.”
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 10 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope