Crisis for Uplyme Church - too many worshippers
Uplyme church may have to hold service in the village hall
UPLYME Church may soon have to stop hosting a Sunday morning service - because there are TOO MANY worshippers.
Rector Gavin Tite says with a 100 or more regularly attending they are struggling to fit everyone in.
“This is a great problem to have!” he told parishioners.
“Several people have wondered if, at some point in the not so distant future, we will need to move our 10am Sunday gatherings to the Village Hall, although currently it is unavailable.
You may also want to watch:
“Of course, we will be doing all we can to increase flexibility and space within the church building, but this will not be a long-term solution.”
- 1 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 4 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 5 William conquers 200 books
- 6 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 7 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 8 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 9 Enjoy spectacular visual art exhibition at town's Thelma Hulbert Gallery
- 10 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local