Crowds flock to Honiton Hill rally as exhibitors display their classic collections
- Credit: Archant
Two days of sunshines helped bring thousands to Smeatharpe to enjoy Honiton Hill Rally 2017.
The annual event, which is in its 44th year, is very popular locally but has been hampered by wet and windy weather in recent years.
However, visitors enjoyed viewing a variety of classic vehicles, ranging from tractors from bygone days and classic cars and bikes, under clear skies when the event was held at Smeatharpe Airfield over the bank holiday weekend.
Tractor pulling also made a welcome return and younger visitors enjoyed a range of attractions including a helter skelter and swing ride.
There was also wood sawing, arts and crafts, fair organ, auction ring events and demonstrations, children’s entertainment and a harvesting display.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers have thanked everyone who attended this yea’s event and made it such a success.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis