Crunch time for RBL building
Special meeting of Honiton branch of the Royal British Legion.
Important decisions face members of the Honiton branch of the Royal British Legion when a special meeting is held next week.
The future of the Royal British Legion Club building, which has closed due to lack of funds, will be on the agenda.
The club was run as a business, by a separate body, but was the base of the branch’s charitable activities.
Geoff Dibsdall, secretary of the branch, said he hopes all 600 branch members will make every effort to attend the meeting.
You may also want to watch:
“The Royal British Legion branch is still functioning and needs to make important decisions about its future operations, including the future of the building,” he told the Midweek Herald.
The meeting will take place at the club, in Dowell Street, at 7.30pm on Monday (September 26).
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery