Crunch time for RBL building
Special meeting of Honiton branch of the Royal British Legion.
Important decisions face members of the Honiton branch of the Royal British Legion when a special meeting is held next week.
The future of the Royal British Legion Club building, which has closed due to lack of funds, will be on the agenda.
The club was run as a business, by a separate body, but was the base of the branch’s charitable activities.
Geoff Dibsdall, secretary of the branch, said he hopes all 600 branch members will make every effort to attend the meeting.
You may also want to watch:
“The Royal British Legion branch is still functioning and needs to make important decisions about its future operations, including the future of the building,” he told the Midweek Herald.
The meeting will take place at the club, in Dowell Street, at 7.30pm on Monday (September 26).
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 4 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 5 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 6 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 9 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
- 10 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington