Cycling GP’s Italian job
- Credit: Archant
Seaton doctor plans to pedal from Rome to London to raise money for the At Home nursing service
A Seaton GP is saddling up for a fund raising cycle ride from Italy to England.
Dr Julian Hurst’s 16 day trip, starting on Saturday (June 15) will take him from Rome to London, finishing at St Pauls Cathedral.
The planned route is 1,540 km which he says includes a few minor obstacles - such as the French Alps!
He will be fundraising for Seaton Hospital’s At Home service which enables nurses to provide invaluable help to the local community that is supported from charitable funds through the League of Friends.
You may also want to watch:
Sponsorship forms for Dr Hurst’s marathon ride are available now from the Townsend Medical Practice where he works, Seaton Hospital and the surgery at Beer.
- 1 More grants dished out to groups providing crisis support
- 2 Honiton town council confirms Beehive car park changes
- 3 Sunday parking charge for Honiton, Axminster and Ottery
- 4 Seaton needs to 'gear up' for life after Covid
- 5 Championship memories with Dunkeswell Rovers
- 6 Seaton and Beer say farewell to vicar and his family
- 7 How Honiton welcomed home its heroes from battlefields
- 8 New blueprint for rail travel in East Devon
- 9 Surprise funding boost for animal sanctuary
- 10 Colyton Primary 'blown away' by town's generosity